Have you been looking at Airstream trailers or Airstream motor homes for a few years and are now ready to make the plunge and buy one of these recreational vehicles? New Airstream trailers for sale aren’t cheap so a great option is to buy a used Airstream trailer, especially if you are new to camping or RVs. Don’t burden yourself with monthly payments. If you are handy, with a little work and lots of patients you can find a vintage Airstream trailer for a fraction of the cost of a newer one.
One great thing about getting a vintage trailer is that you can find some great deals out there. There are many trailers in perfect working order. Many Airstream fanatics enjoy restoring these iconic trailers so you have a good chance of finding an old trailer in restored condition. There is a good chance the seller will have gone through the trailer and made improvements and updates.
If you are going to go look at new Airstream trailers for sale just for comparison, try not to get caught up in the excitement and shininess of a new travel trailer. The monthly payments you will have to make, typically for 10 years will make the shininess of the trailer not so appealing.
Purchasing one of these trailers whether new or used is a wonder way to tons of camping fun. Airstream has a wonderful reputation and the company has been around since the 1930′s, not many other travel trailer manufacturers can make the same claim. These trailers are build to last!
Did you know there are camping grounds which are devoted to Airstream lovers, there are also many Airstream clubs around the country. These trailers get lots of attention and parts are easy to find, especially if you look online at sites which sell used trailers or dealers websites.
When looking at used trailers be sure to take your time, don’t feel rushed into making a purchase of a trailer that needs more work than you are capable or have time to do. Interior and exterior damage and necessary repairs should be taken into consideration. Systems should be tested prior to buying. Does the water system work? Electric system work too? Floor model as well as the over all design should be considered. The trailer interior style can be easily changed so don’t let that phase you. There are always trailers coming up for sale, so even if you miss what may seem like a good deal, there are always more great deals around the corner. One of my favorite place to look for vintage trailers is eBay, here you will find a huge selection of Airstream trailers in various conditions from all across the country. If you get lucky you may just find a real gem at a great price. Purchase online from ebay you should take some precautions. May sure you buy from a reputable seller. The seller should have feedback as a buyer and a seller. Do not ever wire any money to a seller and be sure to ask lots of questions prior to bidding.
Another great thing about buying a used Airstream trailer or camper, as they are called is you won’t feel badly when something happens to it. Stains, dings, etc, happen no matter what your RV experience level. If you have kids then these sort of things tend to happen more often. Buying a used travel trailer is a great way to get into trailer camping and seeing if its right for you and your family without spending a lot of money. Have fun camping!
1937 Animated cartoon about “The Tin Can Tourists”. This video features farmer Alfalfa and his dog on a camping vacation.
Building a Homemade Travel Trailer
Have you ever thought about making your own travel trailer? Yeah, neither have I. This guy is different though, he had a dream and he built himself a homemade travel trailer. It’s amazing how professional looking this homemade trailer turned out. It took $9,300 and seven months to complete! Simply amazing!
Do you want to build your want to build your own homemade travel trailer? Here’s a few books on building a homemade travel trailer. Hopefully these books will inspire you to build your dream trailer.
Homemade Travel Trailer Inspirational Books
When it comes to choosing camping chairs there are many different models to choose from. There are also different chair construction and not all chairs are built equally.
Picking the Perfect Camping Chairs
- Weight Restrictions – You should always check out the weight limit of the camping chairs you are considering buying. Even if you are thin, not all your camp visitors may be as light. Remember people tend to sit on laps and the combined weight can add up quickly. Avoid potential accidents by picking out sturdy camping chairs.
- Camping Chairs with Cup Holders – If you are needing a place to put your cup (beer) then consider getting camping chairs with a cup holders.
- Camping Chairs with Foot Rests – If you love putting your feet up at home then you should consider getting a camp chair with a foot rest.
- Camping Chairs that Recline – These are types of chairs are my favorite but can be very hard to find.
- Camping Chair Height – Beach chairs tend to be low to the ground. Lower chairs are great for kids but not great for people with bad knees or backs. Likewise, you should use caution putting smaller children in a high camping chair especially near camp fires.
- Camp Chair Weight – If you plan on carrying your camping chair any distance then the lighter the better. If your chair will only be used around your camp then the more comfortable chairs tend to be heavier. If you aren’t sure if you will be carrying around your camping chair then it’s probably best to go with a medium weight camping chair.
I’ve learned from experience it’s best to get one camping chair and try it out to see if you like it before investing money in a full matching set.
Camping Chairs on eBay
End Date: Wednesday Apr-23-2014 10:20:42 PDT
Buy It Now for only: US $58.99
Buy it now | Add to watch list